Tuesday 18 October 2011

Visit to Durgiana temple at Amritsar


Durgiana temple is built exactly like the golden temple. I tis a hindu temple. Two children were dresed like god and goddess.People liked them. They went to them to get blessings. Parents took their children to them. It was an interesting sight. Three sides of the temple were surrounded by water. Batallion of big Gourami fish roamed all around the water. The doors of the temple were very beautiful. I saw a child along with a man singing very nicely with the support of instruments like tabla and harmoniam. I sat for a while in the temple, prayed for peace and health for verybody. While I prayed, Lalitha's image flashed through my mind. I did not know why. She was sick when I was in the Ashram at Vallikkavu. Yes, she needed special prayers. She is my best friend. After getting prasada, I,Sarita and Reena retreted  to the car and waited for the shopwalla to deliver our stiched patiala, the traditional punjabi suit. These two jammu daughters were persuading me so much to buy one suit from Amritsar so that it could be my souvnir! I definitely yielded to their loving request. Thank you, daughters. 

WE ALSO VISITED ANOTHER TEMPLE, Hanuman temple NEAR DURGIANA TEMPLE.
 deep in prayer

in the mouth of Hanumanji
 God Sree Rama

No comments:

Post a Comment