Tuesday 25 October 2011

Spending time with a village family in Punjab

ready to go to the market!
tasting the sweetness of the paddy

enjoying paddy field
such a beautiful girl
far away you can see the tents where they live
far away, you can see their living tents! 
I  approached the village girl.The girl looked very pretty. I requested for her permission to take a photo with her. She was very happy. She offered tea although I, sarita, and Reena were a little hasty to drive back to jammu. her family had cows and goats. She was taking care of all of them. A little farther, I could see the tents in which several villagers living a community life. We also stopped near a paddy field to take few photographs. It was very entertaining to be in a paddy field. It reminded me of my younger days when I stayed with Munduthara valliyachan and valliammachi( maternal aunty and uncle at Chavara, Kollam, Kerala). I was 8 years. I used to play with cows, and goats. I loved to feed them with fresh grass that I picked from the fields. I ran through the fields back and forth from the school.  I collected mangos from hte mango tree and gave them to all of them. I could still remember the evening prayer that I and the children of aunty( lalitha accan, raviannan, sasi and suseela) chanted every day at 6 pm. I was a butterfly! Thanks to uncle and aunty. I love all of them very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment