Wednesday 12 October 2011

Pleasure and Pain

 It was a deep desire in me for many years- visiting Vaishnav devi temple at Jammu! I never thought it would be a possibility after hurting my lumbar area a bit badly!  I took rest for three days prior to my visit to Jammu. At one time I thought I had to postpone my visit. But I did not cancel the tickets. Sarita was hopeful of my recovery. Early morning on October 9, Anil, hte police driver picked me from Vritti's house. We reached the base of the helepad at 2pm. There was heavy rush of people to board the helicopter. I was assured of a ticket as I was the guest speaker of the Academy. After buying the ticket, the helecopter took off 6 of us to the helepad on top of himalaya. I got a young friend, 13 year Amrita from Calcutta. We walked together to the temple. it was a 3 kilimeters walk. It was a very special day in my life. There were three Pindis as described the mom of Amrita and no idols. I offered my prayers to Devi. "Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu which meant let all be blessed with happiness. Then I prayed for my husband. I  specially prayed for sons and daughters and my living mom. I prayed for Geetha and Sati my friends who are recovering from their illness. I prayed for Leela menon and her niece. I prayed for my sisters. I prayed for Sarita and Rina. What else do I pray for ?  Devi has blessed me with beautiful experiences. Every thing went on very well until 5 pm. I reached the hele pad at 5 pm,realised that I  along with several others will not be able to fly back to the base station leaving with the only alternative to walk back to Khatra, perceptibly an impossible task from my side. But I was feeling cold, and I realised that there was no place to rest at. I decided to walk back from the helepad. I had to walk 14 kilometers. I already walked 6 kilometers. Any way, with the grace of Devi, I slowly started walking along with thousands of others. I took 6 hours to reach the exit point. The only chanting I heard and participated was "JAI, MATA DE".  Vow! It was an amazing experience. Anil was waiting at the Khatra police station. He waited for more than 13 hours. I bowed to him with gratitude for his enduring patience. Anil helped me to slowly glide to teh car. He drove me back to Vritti's house. I reached her house only at 12. 15 pm. She and Anil helped me to get out of the car . I felt my two legs asthe himalayan mountains, not able to lift. My body parts were crying for rest. I did not eat anything while I walked to and from the shrine. But Vritti prepared chappatis and I ate them slowly. I took a pain killer and  I tried to sleep. IN my dreams prevailed  only the Mandir, the devi and Hanuman. I felt I accomplished my goal. Thanks to Dr. Arti, Police Academy and Vritti. I took rest the next day, looked at my torn muscles and thought of the next days work shop on Women, Gender Ideology and Stress at the psychology department.
See the beatuful Vajshnov Devi temple.
             

Mata Vaishnov devi: My dream pligrimage
The mighty Trikuta mountain abodes Mata Vaishnov Devi
Blessed were my legs for 5200 feet walk from the holy shrine
My tapasya for Mata's blessings for sakthi, samadhan, and santhosham
Continued soothing my legs, arms, and mind.
Halted at Baan ganga, Charan Paduka, & Adhkan Wari
Chasing Bhairon Nath, the devil of distress in me.
Darshan of Mataji chased the devil, and brought serenity to me.
I was on strict fast, only drops of water attracted me
that too very seldom, as chanting of jai, mata, di followed each step.
Sights and sounds, people and ponies, horses and golf carts
All merged in the same pathway, glorifying Devi's presence.
Human form merged in divine form at the holy cave &
Devi blended the three supreme energies.
Closing my eyes, I prayed "Loka samasta sukhino bhavanthu"
I felt energy flowing to me from those "Pindis".
It is my life time blessing from Vaishnov Devi
It is my life time enegy to serve the needy people.
Devi, let me be blessed with richness in happiness
To share with as many around me!





No comments:

Post a Comment