Saturday 11 June 2016

Taj Mahal and Agra Fort-- Ever lasing contributions of the Mughal Dynasty

 To some people Jalianwala Bagh is just a public park in Amritsar in Punjab. To those who have studied the history of India, the name denotes the birthplace of energy minds during the ongoing struggle for India's freedom from the British rule. The martyr's well completely was filled with dead bodies. When Saraswathy teacher vividly described the Jalianwalla Bagh massacre that took place on 13 April, 1919 in the Indian History class in the second year Pre- Degree class, I was just 15 years.  She explained that General Dyer ordered to shoot at the innocent, peaceful, and unarmed Punjabis assembled at the park as part of the Baisakhi festival. 1650 rounds ammunition  was mercilessly fired at the packed people.  I could not recognize for a moment that I was weeping . Teacher asked me to see her at her office. What happened? she asked me. I could not open my mouth even to utter a word. After so many years when I was in front of the monument, I swallowed the same feeling. Let me proudly remember those martyrs!











































Mrtyrs' Well, now onlookers' well to relize the gravity of cruelty.


   The death well for hundreds of innocent Indians. Cruelty to the first order.






bullets pierced these walls, my heart too.


The headless tree, eyewitness of the catastrophe?
 JW monument, bricks out of blood of the martyrs?

No comments:

Post a Comment