Thursday 2 June 2016

Kashmiri daughter- Shaila

Know this Kashmiri daughter, Shaila
Under the shade of two beautiful trees we sat. Time was closer to six pm although the sun was still punching heavily the living day light out of it. Besides me, Shaila sat on a chair. She had returned from her work. Around the corner I saw dogs impressing us with their looks. They made best beds on the soil to escape from the scorching son. I flipped the equation of nature and looked at Shaila. Beautiful indeed! And my thoughts were also fabulous, that too about Shaila. She is the country girl of Kashmir, which is one of the reasons for my liking.”Are you getting better, ammaji?”. she asked. She was spontaneous and concerned.‘Sure’, I responded. A day before when I arrived at the Jammu airport from Delhi, I was severely dehydrated, unusually exhausted and my only disposition was to fall flat on the bed, which I did without a second thought. The oily parantha was absolutely unfriendly to my tummy on that day. The worst experience is my inability for conversing with thecook of the guest house in Hindi. Although I did, it did not produce the intended results. On the dining table, Shaila intervened on my behalf and therefore things turned better for me. On the first day itself I requested her to permit me to sleep in her room as my allotted room was on upstairs and I suspected further decline in my health. The immediate welcoming response was so soothing to me. So many of our people may have saucy doubts and fears about Kashmiri Muslims. But my experience was different. Shaila bought jam and few other stuffs for me in the next day. I slowly started feeling better. Flying back to Kerala, I thought of her. This Kashmiri girl is my Kashmiri daughter. Thank you dear for your thoughtfulness and readiness to offer help when it was badly needed. Thank you, Shaila.
If I skip my doctor sister from acknowledgement, it would reflect my thankless attitude. I would have approached a doctor in a nearby hospital for treatment for my tummy issue during my stay at Delhi. The immediate accessibility to me for any of my medical problem is my doctor sister, Ambujam. I trusted her diagnosis and completely followed her clear instructions. I am convinced of her patient sensitivity, care and concern for their well being- all sprouting from her love to provide the best possible 

No comments:

Post a Comment