Thursday 2 June 2016

Lost and found friendship

                                       My lost and found friend baby and her husband Ravi


It is hard to disclose the value of face book in crediting the "Lost and Found friendship account!" True! I didn't cut any corner of my hope or faith in tracking my most valued friend whom I lost 4 decades ago. Marriage, job of husband in North India, his frequent transfer to any part of India considering completion of each project, job of my friend, bearing and rearing kids, moved my hopes to find her beyond limits. I too was married, with teaching job, bearing and rearing kids, overseas education, and volunteering in social activities which moved me far apart from her. But when ever I crossed Palghat in Kerala during my long trips to North India, walked through the paddy fields of Palghat, or attended any function in Palghat, I felt the significant presence of my friend at heart although I sensed pain of separation from friendship. I consoled myself each time that I will sometime be able to connect to her in my life time. And came February 4, 2016. I marked the day in my mental calendar. 41 years later, through the efforts of her daughter, and also of my husband, I talked to her! It was a festive moment in my life!  As if summer swiftly turned to be a beautiful spring just for me! My hibernation mode of hope blossomed with beautiful flowers of joy! I experienced the joy of success from revived friendship communication! Lost but found! Thanks god! Thanks facebook. Thanks Molu. Thanks Baby. Thanks Raj!

 with Linda, baby's daughter, Baby and Ravi, her husband

with Baby, my lost and found friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment